Sunbury Heights Primary School's moral purpose is to ensure that all students regardless of their location or background can achieve. Our goal is that all our students will be literate, numerate and curious and our aim to build a platform of achievement in a caring environment. At Sunbury Heights every student has the right to feel safe and comfortable and the right to learn, this being underpinned by our school values of kindness, respect and responsibility. Team work, effective communication, informed decision making and community involvement are important at our school.
Parent’s are our child’s first teachers. At Sunbury Heights , we are committed to working in partnership with parents in the continuing education of their children. At Sunbury Heights , staff and parents are united in their common aim to provide the very best in learning and welfare for each child.
We pride ourselves on
- Caring and highly professional staff
- Active school council
- Enthusiastic parents and friends association
- Well resourced classrooms and Art, Library, Physical Education, Music and Science facilities and programs
- Celebration of student success
- Regular community assemblies and events
- Spacious playground area
- Full operating canteen providing affordable and healthy lunches and snacks
- Before and After school Care on –site
- Vacation Care and holiday programs on –site
- Providing a breakfast program on Tuesdays and Thursdays, kindly supported by local community businesses and groups
- Being a lead school in 2020 for Respectful relationships and positive school wide behaviours
Curriculum and Programs
Sunbury Heights provides a comprehensive, stimulating program which provides a diverse range of learning opportunities for all our students. Our curriculum is based on the Victorian Curriculum.
Students with additional educational needs are well catered for and there is an opportunity for students to participate in National Literacy and Numeracy Testing.
Scholarship opportunites and recognition both at a school and local government level are available to our students.
Our students proudly perform at assemblies, school concerts and a range of community events.
Our camping, incursion and excursion programs, compliment classroom studies, and are an integral part of the school program.
Other programs include Language support Programs , Foundation/Senior school Buddy program, Interschool Sport, Swimming, Junior School Council, Year 6 leadership, House spirit and classroom helpers program.